Thursday 22 November 2012

The Gingerbread Man, McCarthy Style


In a dark and deserted forest a old woman and a old man lived in a cottage. On a cold day the woman made a gingerbread man. She gave him eyes and buttons and legs and arms and a head. She put him in the oven to bake.

The woman and man hadn't eaten for days and wanted to eat the gingerbread man alive. As soon as he was cooked, the woman opened the oven door. The gingerbread man yelled
Don't eat me!


The old woman and man ran after the gingerbread man.
Stop! Stop!

No.
Why?
Because you can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!


Down a dark and bunt out lane a pig emerged from the corpses or scored people.
Stop! Stop! I want to eat you.
No.
Why?
Because you can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man.


Further down the decaying road where trees once stood and the grass grew long, a cow appeared. He held in his mouth the bones of another cows leg, stripped of flesh, stripped of life.
Stop! Stop! I want to eat you.
No.
Why?
Because you can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man.


The cow and pig and woman began to follow the gingerbread man.


A horse then jumped out, it's body thin, it's ribs as clear as day.
Stop! Stop! I want to eat you.
No.
Why?
Because you can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man.


The cow and pig and woman and horse followed him. 


The gingerbread man was then blocked by a waste filled river.
Oh no!
They will catch me. 
How can I cross the river?


A fox came out from behind the remains of a burnt down tree. 
I can help you cross the river.
Jump on to my tail and I will swim across.
You will eat me.

I wont.
You  will.
I just want to help.



The gingerbread man climbed on the fox's tail.
He started to get wet. 
Climb onto my back.
Okay.
You are too heavy.
Jump onto my nose.
Okay.


The fox tossed the gingerbread man up in the air.
Opened his mouth.
Snap!
That was the end of the gingerbread man.

No comments:

Post a Comment